About Me

Well, to begin Matt joined the Army in 2004 and we met in July 2004 while he was at AIT in Georgia. We were married in May 2005 and I moved to TN to join Matt to start our lives together. Our precious daughter, Daisy Faith, was born on August 25, 2007. I went back to school and graduated with a degree in Elementary Education. Our second daughter, Madison JoAnn, joined our family on December 8, 2009.

Saturday, February 5, 2011

Student Teaching

So I have finally begun my student teaching. Those of you who know me, know I graduated in December 2009 right after Madison was born. I chose not to student teach at the time so I could spend time with her and Daisy at home. Well, now here I am student teaching on-post in 1st and 4th grade. I have been in the classroom for three weeks now and starting Monday I will be teaching solo for three weeks. I am a little nervous, but my mentor teacher has been amazing. It is interesting having a class full of students whose fathers will be coming home soon. Everyday I will have a handful of them saying, "My daddy will be home on....day!" They are so excited! It makes me very thankful that my husband and father of my children is only gone for a few months at a time. Most of these students don't see their fathers and/or mothers for at least a year. I do feel like I can connect better with them because we go through the same situations. OK, so back to student teaching...I am excited because next week we are reading Frog and Toad and will be planting lima beans and the next week we will be reading The Very Hungry Caterpillar. I am ordering some caterpillars off the Internet and we are going to watch them transform into butterflies. So hopefully the next few weeks will go by fast, I will learn a lot, the students will learn a lot and I won't mess up....too much!!!

1 comment:

Liz said...

You are gonna do great!!!