About Me

Well, to begin Matt joined the Army in 2004 and we met in July 2004 while he was at AIT in Georgia. We were married in May 2005 and I moved to TN to join Matt to start our lives together. Our precious daughter, Daisy Faith, was born on August 25, 2007. I went back to school and graduated with a degree in Elementary Education. Our second daughter, Madison JoAnn, joined our family on December 8, 2009.

Thursday, August 20, 2009

8 days and counting...

So Matt has been gone for a week now. Man, it really does feel like he left yesterday, but December seems so far away. Daisy and I have been busy keeping up with the potty training, hanging out with friends and cleaning and working around the house. She's a great comfort to have running around the house when I feel lonely. Her laugh and funny faces are hard to ignore!! We will soon be celebrating her 2ND birthday with friends, grandparents and cupcakes!! Wow, how time flies! I remember when she was born...just a little peanut. We are so very blessed to have her in our lives! She make any day better with just a smile and a hug. She loves giving away hugs!
While Matt's gone we have decided to add a construction paper link to a chain for every day that he is gone. We have 8 so far and I'm thinking by the time he gets home, we'll have a long enough chain to wrap around our Christmas tree. I will soon be going back to school and Daisy to daycare, so we will be very busy (thank goodness)! Here are a few pictures from 2 years ago when Daisy was born and a few from our present Daisy:
Daisy the night before Matt deployed (23 months)
Daisy practicing being a big sister (23 months)

Daisy on the day she was born. Here she is in the special care nursery. (a few hours old)

Our first family photo with the 3 of us! (Daisy is a week old.)

No comments: