About Me

Well, to begin Matt joined the Army in 2004 and we met in July 2004 while he was at AIT in Georgia. We were married in May 2005 and I moved to TN to join Matt to start our lives together. Our precious daughter, Daisy Faith, was born on August 25, 2007. I went back to school and graduated with a degree in Elementary Education. Our second daughter, Madison JoAnn, joined our family on December 8, 2009.

Saturday, August 15, 2009

Our first weekend alone

Daisy reading on her toddler bed with her new bookcase. Her room is coming together piece by piece.


Daisy playing at the concert.

Mommy and Daisy before the concert started.


Daisy's kitchen she's getting for her birthday from Grammy and Grampa Kent.
So this first weekend with Matt gone has actually been kind of busy, which is nice. Yesterday while Daisy was napping I decided to stencil flowers onto her kitchen. She's getting it for her birthday and it was kind of plain. I let her pick out the colors. I think it turned out really cute! After she got up from her nap, we headed to post to the concerts they were having for Week of the Eagles. To perform were John Rich, Jake Owen, Hank Williams, Jr. and Carrie Underwood. It was a little warm, but not as bad as it was the last time we went to a concert. We had some hot dogs and chips and enjoyed the music and hanging out with friends. I really went to see Carrie, but she ended up not coming out until after 10pm. Daisy and I decided to leave around 9:20. She was pretty tired and so was I.
Today we did a little grocery shopping and picked up her new bookcase for her room. While she napped, I put her bookcase together. We later put it together in her room and rearranged a little bit. Now we just need to find a dresser and she'll be set. So that's been our weekend. We miss Matt very much and can't wait to hear from him!!

1 comment:

Liz said...

Be safe Matt!! We love you guys!